The frame on the Honda is to wide for the tank so I cut off the bottom of the Honda tank and used it to replace the bottom of the Benelli tank. It was a lot of work but now the Benelli tank fits on the Honda like it's stock.

Here you can see how much wider the cutout in the Honda tank is compared to the Benelli.


I cut out the bottom of the Honda tank and cleaned it up with a wire wheel.

Then I cut out the bottom of the Benelli tank and welded in the bottom of the Honda tank.
While I was welding on the tank I replaced the tall crude looking Benelli filler with the more flush Honda filler.


Here you can really see the diffrence in the two tank bottoms. Since the Benelli tank is so much longer than the Honda tank I had to make a filler piece to extend the tunnel. After I finished welding I filled up the bathtub and did a leak test. After a couple trips between the tub and the welder I stopped all of the leaks. I will still probably coat the inside of the tank with some Kreem tank sealer just to be safe.
Since I did not have the bike with me I waited to weld in a bung for the petcock, I will find a good place for it once I have tested the tank on the bike.